Research and reflections on the history of libraries, libraries I've visited, and whatever else is on my mind regarding my favorite institution
"Pretty Report"
Telling the Mass Board of Library Commissioners that the town of Shutesbury was unable to accept the grant to build a new library was the saddest thing I ever did as a trustee. I tried in vain to cheer myself thinking of the lucky library that was on the waiting list and would get our money. Morale was low on the board and we missed several meetings because we were unable to muster enough Trustees to make a quorum. I went to every one of those meetings, I listened to my Jim Armenti library cd and I heard my mom's voice saying "shake it off Karen".
It seemed like a good idea to have a project to work on together and we created the "Pretty Report". While we were envisioning what it would be, we used the working title "pretty report" to differentiate it from the Trustees annual report and to emphasize that this project was going to be an "upper". We love the library and it is our job as trustees to promote the good work and benefits of the library. The Trustees "Pretty Report" was available at town meeting, the library and the town website.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment